So there are two things that easily come first in my life and those are the gospel of Jesus Christ and my family. Well Ruth does lots of cute and fun tricks these days and seems to pick up on everything we say and do. I'm so proud of her and love to show off these skills to others. But the other day she did something that made me burst with happiness. When I was saying the usual morning prayer over her breakfast, she folded her arms all by herself! And ever since, anytime anybody says a prayer she will fold her arms. She will even come up to me in the middle of the day and silently fold her arms in which we say a little prayer together. I never knew how proud I could be of such a small act. It was a bit relieving too to know that we are doing something right! Sigh. Ruth learns from Brenner and me, and we learn from her sweet innocence. From this I came to understand that children are never too young to teach the gospel to because they are much closer to Heavenly Father than we can comprehend. I got a glimpse of what our Savior might feel like every time we do something good. And that was one of the best feelings I've ever had. So here's a photo of her folding her arms getting ready for prayer. (Sorry for those of you who have seen this on Facebook. And a double sorry to close friends who have seen this for the third time now!)

Don't you EVER apologize for posting a picture of Ruth! And I love everything you said in this post. A good, happy reminder for me. Hopefully Ruth can teach Penny. :)
ReplyDeletevery cute! :)
ReplyDelete